Robert L. Glushon
PRACTICE AREAS - Real Estate, Land Use, Environmental and Governmental Law
Mr. Glushon is a partner at Luna & Glushon who specializes in real estate, land use, environmental and governmental law and related litigation. He has over thirty years experience in zoning, land use, building permit and environmental matters, and represents property owners, architects, engineers, community groups and local residents. Such matters include subdivisions, conditional use permits, variances, zoning adjustments, Specific Plan project permits, environmental review, building code modifications, and related entitlements.
Mr. Glushon also has extensive real property experience including disputes involving boundaries, easements, trees, construction and other neighbor issues.
Representative Professional Experience Includes:
- Represented the prevailing party in the landmark case of Nasha v. City of Los Angeles (2004) 125 Cal. App. 4th 470 where the Court of Appeal set aside a planning commission decision based on a conflict of interest.
- Successfully represented a group of homeowners in getting the City of Los Angeles to revoke building permits based on inadequate environmental review of "piecemeal development of separate lots". In the lawsuit that followed, the Court ruled against the developer and upheld the City’s requirement of an environmental impact report. Arviv Enterprises, Inc. v. South Valley Area Planning Com. (2002) 101 Cal.App.4th 1333.
- Entitlements for joint live-work condominiums.
- Entitlements for mixed-use residential/commercial projects.
- Entitlements for a residential condominium projects.
- Entitlements for division of land
- Street and Alley Vacations
- Conditional Use Permits for Alcohol/Beer and Wine
- Conditional Use Permits for Religious Uses
Prior Experience Includes:
Prior to entering private law practice, Mr. Glushon was a Deputy to Los Angeles City Councilman Marvin Braude and was involved in all aspects of zoning, planning, land use, building and safety and other work with City departments. Mr. Glushon has served as a City Commissioner under three mayors including the Board of Zoning Appeals, Environmental Quality Board, Board of Neighborhood Commissioners, Telecommunications and Citizens Oversight Committee on Animal Services Bond Expenditures. He has also served as a Los Angeles County Commissioner on the Citizens Economy and Efficiency Commission by appointment of Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky.
Civic and Professional Activities:
Mr. Glushon is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and a member of its Real Estate Section. In 1997, he was elected with 67% of the vote to represent the Eleventh City Council District on The Elected Charter Reform Commission for the City of Los Angeles. He served on the Joint Conference Committee of both the Elected and Appointed Charter Commissions that recommended a unified new City Charter that was overwhelmingly approved by the voters in June 1999. He helped develop the new City Charter changes that established 7 Area Planning Commissions, streamlined the appeal process and created a system of neighborhood councils. He is a Past President of the Encino Neighborhood Council, Encino Property Owners Association and Encino Little League.
Robert L. Glushon graduated from the University of California at Los Angeles (B.A. Political Science with emphasis in Local Government) in 1976 and received his law degree from Loyola School of Law in 1980.
For information about Mr. Glushon's role in Civic Activities click here
Luna & Glushon
16255 Ventura Blvd., Suite 1016
Encino, CA 91436